The AMH Passport
Start your own conversation
Our AMH Passport is a shadowing scheme which enables clinicians, academics, researchers, and artists to experience each other’s work environments through a one-day, supervised and supported visit. In line with our AMH Mission, the Passport aims to:
- extend mutual understanding of the real-life, daily experience of people working in medicine/ healthcare/ arts / humanities/ social sciences;
- promote critical and creative dialogue in Medical Humanities, founded in the complexities, problematics, uncertainties, and potentials of professional practice.
We Match You Up
AMH Council will match you up for your a one-day placement with a senior professional in the area that interests you, so you can meet and shadow them for a day. Where your conversation goes after that is up to you and them!
Because everyone needs to be clear about the Passport’s boundaries, expectations, and roles of placements, you will be required to attend a half-day Workshop to familiarise yourself with them. Workshops will take place at Birkbeck College, University of London.
All applications may be subject to independent background checks and applicants must provide a letter of authentication:
- for clinicians this should be a formal CPD sign-off in line with usual NHS/ Royal College guidelines.
- for academic staff in paid employment this should be provided by their Line Manager, for example, as part of the annual appraisal process.
- for research students, this should be provided by their Supervisor and should include details of the research they are undertaking.
- for other applicants, such as independent writers, artists, and musicians, this should be provided by a senior professional associate.
This is a free service for AMH Members but to make sure people turn up, we require a £50 returnable payment which will be forfeited if you do not attend the Workshop you signed up for.
To apply for the AMH Passport or for further information please email email@example.com either quoting your AMH Membership Number or attaching a copy of your most recent membership subscription.