The AMH promotes understandings of both the human condition and practices of patient care through critical dialogue between medicine/ healthcare and the arts/ humanities.
- To add significant value to the interdisciplinary cultures of the medical/health humanities nationally and internationally.
- To run Council meetings, including an AGM, according to the published Constitution.
- To run stimulating and profitable annual conferences.
- To run an informative and interactive website.
- To align with the BMJ group biannual journal Medical Humanities.
- To develop collaborations with national and international partners.
- To lobby decision-making and funding bodies.